Friday, April 17, 2009

Texas here we come!

I got my moms plane ticket yesterday and she will be here in 2 weeks. She arrives on a Thursday and we are driving out on that following Sunday. It's going to be a quick trip for mom and probably tiring too. We are so thankful that she is able to come up here and drive back with me and the kids.
I'm excited about this move and really sad at the same time. I love the fact that I am going to be close to my family and get to spend the summer there. It has been along time since we have lived there so I feel like the kids will get to know their family finally. I know the boys are going to have a blast playing outside and swimming everyday. Milee...well yeah she will just get really spoiled I'm sure!
I am sad because this also means saying "goodbye for now" to my husband...for the 3rd time. I do have a calm feeling though knowing this will be his very last trip to Iraq. That is whats going to get me through this. I know it is going to be really hard on the boys, especially Rylan. He's such a daddy's boy!
So, I'm off to pack our stuff up. move some to storage. put the stuff thats going to Texas to the side. make appointments that need to be attended to before leaving. cancel all of our housing utilities etc. change our address. ok, you get the point. I'm going to be busy for a while :)

No comments: