Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Here we go again...

This prayer request is kinda small compared to some others that are needed right now, but I know a lot of you pray and thought I'd ask. Several months ago, Tony was slotted to go to Afghanistan in May with his squadron here. I was going to move to Texas with the kids so I wouldn't be completely by myself and to save money. Then he was told that he would not be going because by the time they returned he would not have enough time to out-process from the military. Well, as of yesterday he was told he is going to Iraq--leaving May 11th. We don't know a for sure date on when he would come home. It is a shorter tour than usual though.

I have all these mixed emotions right now. Of course I don't like when my husband goes to Iraq, who would?! But, in the beginning we were hoping for this last deployment so we could save all the extra money he makes while he is there. I know that sounds selfish that we wanted him to deploy to an unsafe area just for the money, but since we are getting out into this unstable world, a nice built up savings account was sounding pretty good.

So, now we are excited to be able to accomplish our first plan, but he leaves in just a little over a month. That means we will need to be out of our house and moved in around 30 days! OMG...just typing that makes me panic. Plus, I always dread the day he leaves and it starts today. In the next 30 days we have to pack up a 4 bedroom house, move some stuff to the place Tony will be staying till he leaves, move the rest to Texas and put it in storage for now, take Kaden out of his school, go to Washington (trip was already planned and we need to visit)...the list goes on and on.

I talked to one of my best friends yesterday morning before I had found all this out. It's funny because I was stressing and telling her that I didn't know how I was going to do everything and prepare to leave in August. I have just been so anxious about the future. After talking to her and reading Angie's last post on Bring the Rain, I felt this overwhelming peace. I just knew it was all going to work out and that I just needed to calm down and hand all my worrying over to God. Now this!!!!

You know, I'm stessing but at the same time I think this is just an answered prayer. A sign that I need to just relax and quite trying to make everything so right all the time.

Please do pray that we will be able to get all of this stuff done without losing our minds. Also, pray for Tony's upcoming trip to Iraq. It's always scary and hard seeing your husband leave (this will be our 3rd time to do this). It's not an easy day!

Thanks for listening--letting me vent and for your prayers. They are always appreciated.

No comments: