Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter Time!!!

Easter is this Sunday.

I just love this time of the year. It always brings warm weather, good memories, time to spend with family, but mostly it's about Easter and what it really means. How Jesus died for our sins and rose again on this beautiful day.

I remember loving this time as a child too. When I was little, mom would buy my sister and I lavish Easter dresses to wear to church that Easter Sunday. We would get up that morning to find what the Easter bunny had brought us and then get ready for the Sunday service. Mom always had to take our picture in the front yard before leaving for church. After the service we would rush home to prepare for the day. Good food, lots of family, and of course an Easter egg hunt! Every year, the older teenagers would walk us young ones down the street so the adults could hide the eggs. I can remember it like yesterday, but I can also remember very well the time when I was the "older' one walking the kids down the street. Now, well I'm the one who hides the eggs for my kids.

This year we will be spending Easter Sunday in Washington with Tony's family. This will be the first year we have been there for Easter. I don't know how they do Easter but I know I will carry on many of the same traditions I did as a kid. We went and bought all the kids, myself, and Tony an Easter outfit. Hopefully we will get lots of pictures! The kids are planning on a visit from the Easter bunny, and I'm hoping we can find a church there to visit for that special day.

What do you love about this time of year?

No comments: